So my Test 2 mark was not as good as my Test 1 mark, quite a notable difference I'd say. Seeing the mark scheme for Test 2 showed that the first question I did well on, the second question I did okay on and the last question I did pretty bad (I think if I just wrote down the right structure like I did for question 2, then I would've earned more marks!). Other than that, I'm somewhat surprised at my mark since I did feel as though I did better on Test 2 than Test 1 (granted I didn't know what my mark for Test 1 was until recently), but it makes sense since I still do struggle with proofs. And on a side note, my quiz marks are getting worse. Most likely because I haven't mastered the "knowing why a proof is true/false" part when writing a proof and the recent material requires that.
For the past couple weeks, I'm getting the hang of big O and omega. The only thing I struggle with is what I struggled with in Test 2 which was the "knowing why a proof is true/false" part. Hopefully a3 will help me with this. Also, I'm kind of glad that this past week, there is more integration of material from CSC108 such as while loops and whatnot since I'm much better at coding than understanding logic (unfortunately I'm not good at both...).
For now, I plan on just studying for the final exam and trying really hard to work on my proofs. I believe that's the only thing getting in my way right now. It doesn't really help that I'm a slow thinker too but right now, I'm aiming for at least a 75 on the final exam...I think that is realistic enough for CSC165 but of course, I'd love to get an A :D
Let's study for the final! CSC 165 and CSC 108 courses are really related much to each other.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHopefully you can hit even higher than 75% on the final exam! Generally I think with some proofs there is a lot of intuition on whether you it is true or false. Sometimes you might instantly know its true and others you are confused for the first 20 minutes before you understand whats happening. Good luck on your exam btw!
ReplyDelete